Home Forums Deep Time Journey Forum What do think about the PAPAL Encyclical and How Will You Use It? Reply To: What do think about the PAPAL Encyclical and How Will You Use It?

Duane Elgin
Participant

Dear Jennifer and Community,  

I did a content analysis of the encyclical and the Pope uses the word “lifestyle” 22 times and the word “simplicity” 2 times. In addition, several weeks ago, when addressing more than 20,000 pilgrims in St. Peter’s Square during his weekly General Audience, Pope Francis called for “. . . a Church that practices a voluntary simplicity in her own life – in her institutions, in the lifestyle of her members – to break down walls of separation, especially those that separate us from the poor.” So, I’m ready to send 10 copies or so of my book, “Voluntary Simplicity” to key members of the church and related communities (perhaps in the United Nations) to support the Pope in this courageous call for new ways of living. FYI: Here’s a link to the first chapter in the new edition of my book which is titled, “Cool Lifestyle for a Hot Planet”:  http://duaneelgin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/VOLUNTARY-SIMPLICITY-Chapter-One.pdf  I welcome any suggestions for strategic persons who might welcome receiving a copy of this book.