Hypersea – Life on LandClick for this Resource!
Expanding the view of the father of biogeochemistry, Vladimir Vernadsky (The Biosphere), the McMenamins advance a systems view of the colonization of the land through deep time that they term the Hypersea Hypothesis. Like the New Symbiotic Biology and Gaia Theory, Hypersea is a unified worldview that recognizes the terrestrial sea of “animated water” that is both the sum of terrestrial life and the nested environments in which bionts at various scales survive on land.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Hypersea, terrestrial life, Biosphere, Gaia Theory,
- Why I love this Resource: A unique vision of the colonization of the land by life over deep time that features the nesting of bionts within bionts.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: June 13, 2014