In 2008 Ecuador became the first country in the world to enshrine the rights of nature into its constitution, affirming that nature has the right to “exist, persist, and maintain and regenerate its vital cycles, structure, functions and its evolutionary processes.” Where we stand on this profound paradigm shift may well depend on how we see the mountain pictured here.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Government, Law, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Website
- Keywords: laws of nature, earth jurisprudence
- Why I love this Resource: Giving nature rights and growing such laws from what the universe itself teaches us is one of the most profound paradigm shifts we can bring to our earth and our culture.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: March 28, 2018