SEEDS OF TIMEClick for this Resource!
A perfect storm is brewing as agriculture pioneer Cary Fowler races against time to protect the future of our food. Seed banks around the world are crumbling, crop failures are producing starvation and rioting, and the accelerating effects of climate change are affecting farmers globally. Communities of indigenous Peruvian farmers are already suffering those effects, as they try desperately to save over 1,500 varieties of native potato in their fields. But with little time to waste, both Fowler and the farmers embark on passionate and personal journeys that may save the one resource we cannot live without: our seeds.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Ecology/Sustainability, Government, Law, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Video
- Keywords: seeds, seed diversity, sustainable agriculture, Cary Fowler, agriculture, genetically modified, GMO, food
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Sandy McLeod
- Date Added: April 3, 2015