Readers are invited to imagine what it was like for early humans who noticed the changing light and weather patterns we now call spring. They are reminded what is really happening and why many groups celebrate special moments in their faith stories at this time. They are invited to experience, as consciously as possible, what is happening and, as in “When I Heard the Learn’d Astronomer,” to be aware and to be in awe.
- Used by people who call the work: Journey of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Ritual
- Keywords: spring equinox,
- Why I love this Resource: I have heard so many people (even on NPR!) equate the time change with the beginning of spring. I get the point, but believe the reality of the equinox is too awesome to ignore.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Terri MacKenzie
- Date Added: March 5, 2015