The Cosmic EggClick for this Resource!
Five wooden nesting eggs from Michael Dorer
Hold the cosmos in your hands! Worthy of a special place in your classroom, Michael Dorer designed this Cosmic Egg in the style of a set of Russian nesting dolls.
Five hand-painted, wooden, nesting eggs allow Montessori Elementary concepts to be presented in a concrete form.
Eggs range from 1″ – 4½”. Ages 3-12.
Follow the story of Hatching the Cosmic Egg (EM116) by opening each egg to discover the Universe, life on Earth, the arrival of humans, and the human gifts of language and mathematics. (The two smallest eggs, representing language and mathematics, do not open.)
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Science
- Learning Stages: Early Childhood PK, Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2
- Type: Hands On Materials
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Ann Killeen
- Date Added: March 16, 2020