The Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA) is a national not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to increase the understanding and practical implementation of Earth centred governance in Australia, with a focus on law, economics, education, ethics and the arts. AELA’s work is inspired by the theory and practice of Earth jurisprudence, which is a governance philosophy and growing social movement. Earth jurisprudence proposes that we rethink our legal, political, economic and governance systems so that they support, rather than undermine, the integrity and health of the Earth. ..AELA is a founding member of the Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature, which brings together more than 80 organisations around the world, who support Earth Jurisprudence and Rights of Nature. AELA participates in the UN Harmony for Natureinitiative, is an affiliate of the Earth Charter and a partner of the Global Footprint Network.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Law, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Website
- Keywords: indigenous, voices of nature, rights of nature, governance, legal systems
- Why I love this Resource: I have met within AELA workshops both indigenous and other Australians who are passionate about earth laws.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Di Shearer
- Date Added: July 10, 2020