February 2015 Environmental Evolution newsletterClick for this Resource!
A Gaian-deep time view of Earth history and current events. As Lynn Margulis observed, “Gaia is symbiosis seen from space.” This issue is “the unsocial” and discusses why humans are in no way special to the evolution of the Universe or planet Earth. Childrens’ shows have “peanut galleries” because children like to watch children. Humans think that humans are special for the same circular reasoning.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document, Video
- Keywords: Gaia Theory, Lovelock, Brasier, Schopf, Margulis, Susan Mazur, Chicxulub, La Garita Cauldera, exajoules, Dawkins, Tyrrell, James A. Shapiro, natural selection, Aaron Sorkin, The Newsroom, Bill Maher, AO+, Greenland ice, The Origin of Life Circus
- Why I love this Resource: Its so unsocial
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: February 18, 2015