When my partner George died in October one of the things I dreaded was the coming rainy season. No more beautiful blue and yellow days, long twilit evenings, silken roses in overflowing gardens. I feared I had only darkness and storms ahead. Grayness inside and out.
One soft, misty January day, walking a trail along the edge of a mountain, stopping to look at the gray-green canyon sweeping down and then up below me, I realized how wrong my foreboding had been, and how cosmic a source of consolation rain can be.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Other (Psychology), Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: water, earth, rain, season, winter, green, spirituality
- Why I love this Resource: All the water on earth, from tears to torrents, puddles to oceans, came with the formation of the earth, and makes life possible.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: April 16, 2021