How do you use the New Cosmology, a blend of theology and science, to help people with very little background in theology and science deal with climate change in their communities? That is the challenge this talk took on. It was given to a Unitarian congregation in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. It adopts a hermeneutics of action—a way of using the New Cosmology’s science and theology to interpret the climate changing situation and move people to action. Based upon peoples’ experiences, it uses plain language, and, as Thomas Berry has suggested, it adopts a story format.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Type: Document, Lecture/Webinar
- Keywords: Earth Spirituality, New Cosmology, Theology, Religion
- Why I love this Resource: It reflects what I see as my mission
- Posted By: Mike Bell
- Date Added: October 5, 2016