This ritual supplements the usual Ash Wednesday practice of signing ourselves with ashes by remembering that everything came from generations of starbursts. It celebrates the fact that we are stardust, part of billions of years’ evolution, and thus one with one another and all creation. It includes special mention of earth/ dirt and the stardust reality in Jesus’ life.
- Used by people who call the work: Journey of the Universe, The New Story
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Ritual, Website
- Keywords: Ash Wednesday, stardust, ritual,
- Why I love this Resource: I love the resource because it places Christian practice within the Universe Story and deepens users' appreciation that all things come from stardust.
- Link to Resource: http://ecospiritualityresources.com/2017/02/14
- Posted By: Terri MacKenzie
- Date Added: February 15, 2017