This episode features Homeostasis — a power of the universe centered around the discovery and maintenance of balance, integrity, and resonance with the community. Listen here.
In this episode, Brian discusses how the balance of protons in our blood, the dynamics of underwater kelp forest, the idea that Earth as a whole maintains itself, and Milky Way’s rate of supernovae explosions are connected through the power of homeostasis.
The call to return to balance and protect what’s most valued in our lives can be understood to emerge from the power of homeostasis. Learn more about its dynamics and presence in our lives in this podcast from Brian Thomas Swimme’s Powers of the Universe series.
- Used by people who call the work: Journey of the Universe, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education, Religion/Spirituality, Science
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Podcast
- Keywords: Homeostasis, powers of the universe, cosmology, balance, integrity, community, supernovae, milky way, consciousness, cosmology
- Why I love this Resource: Allows me to forge a personal connection with the fundamental dynamics of the universe.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Devin M O'Dea
- Date Added: August 25, 2020