The Cosmic Environment for the Growth of ComplexityClick for this Resource!
Provides a unifying scenario of cosmic evolution from radiation to culture showing an increase in energy density flow. The case is made that increasing energy density flows leads to increasing complexity. A further case is made that a necessary condition for the emergence of complexity is the expansion of the universe. Explains a hierarchy of generative change, from atoms to galaxies, from cells to society.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Cosmic Evolution
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Other ()
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education
- Type: Document
- Keywords: cosmology, evolution, thermodynamics, energetics, energy rate density
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: October 19, 2013