The Great Work: Our Way Into the FutureClick for this Resource!
Thomas Berry is one of the most eminent cultural historians of our time. Here he presents the culmination of his ideas and urges us to move from being a disrupting force on the Earth to a benign presence. This transition is the Great Work — the most necessary and most ennobling work we will ever undertake. Berry’s message is not one of doom but of hope. He reminds society of its function, particularly the universities and other educational institutions whose role is to guide students into an appreciation rather than an exploitation of the world around them. Berry is the leading spokesperson for the Earth, and his profound ecological insight illuminates the path we need to take in the realms of ethics, politics, economics, and education if both we and the planet are to survive.
- Original Release Date (Year): 2000
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Book
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: September 29, 2014