The Sacred Universe: Earth, Spirituality and Religion in the Twenty First CenturyClick for this Resource!
A leading scholar, cultural historian, and Catholic priest who spent more than fifty years writing about our engagement with the Earth, Thomas Berry possessed prophetic insight into the rampant destruction of ecosystems and the extinction of species. In this book he makes a persuasive case for an interreligious dialogue that can better confront the environmental problems of the twenty-first century. These erudite and keenly sympathetic essays represent Berry’s best work, covering such issues as human beings’ modern alienation from nature and the possibilities of future, regenerative forms of religious experience. Asking that we create a new story of the universe and the emergence of the Earth within it, Berry re-situates the human spirit within a sacred totality.
- Original Release Date (Year): 2009
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Thomas Berry, Ecozoic
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: September 29, 2014