The Genesis Farm Earth Literacy Program provides a model of educational context and subject matter appropriate to this time of transition into a mutually enhancing relationship with Earth. The program is based on new understandings of the history and nature of the Universe as these have emerged through the recent and fresh encounter between modern science and human spirituality. These programs are 5 day to three month programs.
The foundational program is offered in two formats: a 16-day Immersion in the New Cosmology Program (in August) or a shorter version, two 5-day programs – Exploring a New Cosmology and Deepening the Great Work (in July) – which have less time for transformative experiences such as building relationship to the land, field trips, gardening, and reflection.
- Original Release Date (Year): 2008
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Art, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Law, Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Article
- Keywords: Thomas Berry, Miriam MacGillis, Lawrence Edwards, Jean Edwards, Ecozoic,
- Why I love this Resource: Immersion programs are crucially important for absorbing this new perspective and taking it into life.
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: July 7, 2014