The Squid, the Vibrio & the MoonClick for this Resource!
The Squid, the Vibrio & the Moon is a beautifully illustrated storybook about the symbiotic relationship between the Hawaiian bobtail squid and the bioluminescent bacteria (Vibrio fischeri) that help it glow in the moonlight.
Audiobook (narrated by the author -Ailsa Wild) to accompany the story – currently free to listen/download.
eBook versions of our book can be purchased from the iBookstore and GooglePlay Books
We also have Teaching Notes for Classrooms and Bedrooms – free to download here.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Elementary 3 - 5, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Audio, Book
- Keywords: Symbiosis, Ailsa Wild, Margaret McFall-Ngai
- Why I love this Resource: Fabulous children of all ages book on symbiosis. An example of how to do science for young children. Margaret McFall-Ngai, a fabulous symbiogenetist, consulted.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: July 23, 2015