Weathering the storm: living with the power of cataclysmClick for this Resource!
We owe our existence to the spectacular collapse of early stars. So the challenging power of cataclysm has been with us since the beginning. We live on a planet of shifting tectonic plates, which means we will face earthquakes and volcanoes. But that movement also means we are alive on a verdant earth. Then there are the cataclysms that we ourselves create. We are living through several right now. It’s the most difficult to live with of Brian Swimmes’ powers of the universe. But by allowing it to move through us, we clear the ground for profound creativity.
Image Credit: The Orion Nebula, Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Journey of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Government
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: cataclysm, powers of the universe, Brian Swimme, Jem Bendell
- Why I love this Resource: I feel that we are not alone as we face our challenges. The profound creative forces of the universe operate continually in all its manifestations, including us.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: January 28, 2021