A Match Made In Science: Reconciling Big History and Montessori EducationLink to File
This is my attempt, after receiving much needed guidance from Cynthia Stokes Brown, to bring together two very important educational approaches.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Montessori Cosmic Education
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article
- Keywords: Big, History, Montessori, Cosmic, Education
- Why I love this Resource: This article allowed me to learn about big history from an entirely new perspective, and a much needed one at that. Before writing this, I had thought big history and cosmic education lined up in every single way, but it turns out there is at least one difference, and it's a critical one. I am indebted to Cynthia Stokes Brown and Lowell Gustafson for their patience in helping me understand this difference clearly.
- Posted By: Kyle Herman
- Date Added: May 15, 2016