Celebrating and Teaching the Epic of EvolutionLink to File
A presentation/sermon presented at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Visalia on 2-17-13, exploring how we can celebrate and share the scientific story of the cosmos, of life, and of our human journey in meaningful and inspiring ways. After offering a critique of Young Earth Biblical Creationism being offered in public school programs, this presentation argues that children and adults can be better informed by the evolutionary world view – the Epic of Evolution – in a way that is inspiring, yet derived from science and fully consistent with liberal Christian, Jewish or Unitarian Universalist ideals and principles. We can all learn more about this Epic, and share it wherever we can.
By Harold Wood
- Used by people who call the work: Epic of Evolution, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Elementary 3 - 5, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Lecture/Webinar
- Keywords: education, epic of evolution, evolution sunday, good news club, creationism, intelligent design, religious education, the great story, unitarian universalist
- Why I love this Resource: I wrote it but quoted extensively from leaders in the field.
- Posted By: Harold Wood
- Date Added: January 17, 2015