Deep Time: A History of the Earth — Interactive InfographicClick for this Resource!
The Earth is old, very very old. It is difficult for us humans to fully comprehend just how old our planet actually is.
This infographic offers a visual way to explore the various stages of the Earth’s history using a 12 hour clock analogy.
The Earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old. In this analogy, one second represents 104,167 years and one hour 375 millions years.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Website
- Keywords: Deep Time, History of Earth, Earth Science
- Why I love this Resource: Very clearly shows time relationships.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Ann Rose Gavey
- Date Added: May 29, 2015