The Earth is old, very very old. It is difficult for us humans to fully comprehend just how old our planet actually is.
This infographic offers a visual way to explore the various stages of the Earth’s history using a 12 hour clock analogy.
The Earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old. In this analogy, one second represents 104,167 years and one hour 375 millions years.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Website
- Keywords: Deep Time, History of Earth, Earth Science
- Why I love this Resource: Very clearly shows time relationships.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Ann Rose Gavey
- Date Added: May 29, 2015