The underlying paradigm for cosmology is theoretical physics. In this paper we explore ways this framework might be extended with insights from information and computation studies and evolutionary developmental (evo-devo) biology. We also briefly consider implications of such a framework for cosmic culture. In organic systems, adaptive evolutionary development guides the production of intelligent, ordered and complex structures. In such systems we can distinguish evolutionary processes that are stochastic, creative, and “divergent,” and developmental processes that produce statistically predictable, robust, conservative, and “convergent” structures and trajectories.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Current Issues, Other (Technology Culture)
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: June 13, 2020