Somatic and Narrative Ways of Knowing (Sonar) for Transformative LearningClick for this Resource!
This is my dissertation which traces our cultural environmental unsustainability, social injustice and spiritual alienation being fostered in school classrooms and allows the reader to form more expanded and helpful understandings of religious education….we educate in other educational forms….schools being one form in the language of pedagogy. The narrative research traces patterns of alienation awakening and connection of people as they are exposed to and understand the four fold conversation of the wisdoms of science, religion, indigenous peoples and women. Education is linked with cosmology and how our fractured cosmology is cured, awakened, converted in the fourfold conversation.
- Used by people who call the work: Other (Religious education ecopsychology ecosirituality healing addiction), Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Art, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Law, Other (Religious Education....noone is calling what we are doing religious education but it is! 'Re-ligare' means 'bound'), Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Early Childhood PK, Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Higher Education, Infant/Toddler, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document
- Keywords: religious education, cosmology, gaian citizenship, conversion, metanoia, addiction healing, cartesian culture, eating disorders
- Why I love this Resource: It is my 'evidence' based on self reflection and analysis of others of the bio/psych/social/spiritual damage we are doing to ourselves and Earth because we do not engage a process of education from one generation to the next that is 'religious' . This term needs to be unpacked and renewed.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Orla Hazra
- Date Added: December 10, 2013