Talk given at All Saints Parish, October 18, 2013, at CMM/New Story Event
Teilhard de Chardin wrote: “Like the meridians as they approach the poles, science, philosophy and religion are bound to converge as they draw near to the whole.” The talk describes five breakthroughs in science that indicate that this is indeed happening. Avoiding some of the inadequate generic meanings of the word God, there is an emerging congruence of understanding.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Epic of Evolution, Evolutionaries, Journey of the Universe, New Cosmology, Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education
- Type: Lecture/Webinar
- Keywords: Whitehead, infinite spaciousness, Swimme, nonvisible, space/time world, God, John Haught, soul, psychoid
- Why I love this Resource: There emerging integration of breakthroughs in science and theological thought is very important.
- Posted By: Mary Conrow Coelho
- Date Added: November 9, 2013