From Lava to Life: The Universe Tells Our Earth Story (Book 2 in a Universe Story Trilogy)Click for this Resource!
“Once upon a time” meets science in a this children’s picture book that tells the thrilling story of how life began on Earth. The second in a trilogy of Universe stories – the first being “Born with a Bang: The Universe Tells Our Cosmic Story”– this book picks up the story with the first appearance of life on Earth. It’s a thrilling story about how Earth triumphs over crisis to become bacteria, jellyfish, flowers . . . even dinosaurs! The author, Jennifer Morgan, studied evolutionary science and saw its storytelling possibilities when she explained it to her elementary-age son. Coupled with brilliant artwork by Dana Anderson, who also studied Cosmology, these books will intrigue children and adults alike with their storytelling style and colorful pages.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Cosmic Evolution, Journey of the Universe, Montessori Cosmic Education, Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Higher Education
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Beginning of life, bacteria, first life, eucharyotes, endosymbiosis, multi-cellular creatures, jelly fish, dinosaurs, extinction, evolution,
- Why I love this Resource: Combines storytelling with science.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: September 3, 2013