Holistic Earth Science Resource Center for Teachers of Pre-K to 8th GradeClick for this Resource!
This is a resource center for teachers and administrators of systems-based Earth Science classes. Our aim is to explore and create lesson plans based on holistic principles that view earth as a living organism integrated, immersed, and connected to all of Creation. Primary resources include a Deeptime perspective, the works of Thomas Berry, Fritjof Capra, Carl Sagan, along with sources from the arts, music, and humanities. It is a private group, available in Facebook, to everyone at no cost; it is a work in progress with new resources added at least twice a week. To join, go to this link and send a member request.
Above image was purchased by Viola Olsen for this blog post.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Religion/Spirituality, Science, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Early Childhood PK, Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8
- Type: Hands On Materials, Syllabus/Curriculum
- Keywords: Earth Science, Education, System's Theory, Gaia
- Why I love this Resource: I believe the earth is now in the hands of future generations, the teachers and the children they teach. I dedicate this Resource Center to them and that makes me happy.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Viola Olsen
- Date Added: November 26, 2021