This article was written specifically for the Deep Time Journey Network by Michael Lemonick, a science writer for TIME magazine, a Senior Writer, Climate Central, and a lecturer at Princeton University. The Deep Time Journey Network knowingly rides the precarious knife edge between science and the humanities. We feel that this conversation is of great importance now as humans integrate the story of evolution into culture. Some resources on this site tell an objective science story. Others attempt to make a fusion between science and the humanities. In all cases, we call on Network members to make sure the resources are grounded in the most rigorous science. Secondly, we ask that creators be clear about where they’re coming from . . . an objective scientific telling . . . or a nuanced layered telling. This resource illustrates the precariousness, and the importance, of these distinctions. (Deep Time Journey Editors)
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Epic of Evolution
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article
- Keywords: science writing,
- Why I love this Resource: It's such a clear article about the importance of careful research and writing about science.
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: December 30, 2013