Reconciling Mother Earth and Mother ChurchClick for this Resource!
On Being and Earth Being takes the metaphor of indigenous children being taken away from their families and brought up in homes of colonisers. Norm Habel, author of this book uses that metaphor to show how being brought up in Mother Church is like being taken away from Mother Earth. We all need to face the times we are in, not devalue what we’ve benefitted from in an earlier upbringing but move on to return to our true Mother Earth. I encourage you to read this prose poem which is light text but deep truth, and make use of the retreat and reflection resources accompanying it.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Mother, Earth, Church, Cosmic, Spirituality, Indigenous
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Di Shearer
- Date Added: August 29, 2021