September_2017 Environmental Evolution newsletterClick for this Resource!
A biospheric take on hottest topic in biotech, CRISPR/Cas9, gene editing technology already being tested on single-gene mutations in human embryos. What is the evidence that we are ready to be masters of our own genomes?
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document
- Keywords: IVF, CRISPR/Cas9, anthropocentric, anthropocentrism, human exceptionalism, Crack in Creation
- Why I love this Resource: Looks at one example of how anthropocentrism, human exceptionalism, hubris, reductionism creep into science books and papers.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: September 12, 2017