Standing on Holy Ground: Thomas Berry’s Primary RevelationClick for this Resource!
Ever since I was introduced to Thomas Berry’s work in 2000, his thinking has informed and enriched my own beyond measure. For this essay, I chose one of my favorite of his ideas: that we expand our vision beyond our treasured texts to include Earth herself as our primary source of revelation.
“We need to go to the earth, as the source from whence we came, and ask for its guidance, for the earth carries the psychic structure as well as the physical form of every living being upon the planet.”
I spend a lot of time doing just that, so it was a perfect fit.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality, Science
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Book, Website
- Keywords: Thomas Berry, primary revelation, nature, earth, evolution, sustainability, diversity, transcendence
- Why I love this Resource: As a nature photographer and writer I spend a lot of time immersed in nature's revelations, so I love Thomas Berry's idea that we should do just that.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: November 27, 2022