Tending the WildClick for this Resource!
The most creative people on the planet today are working on changing the stories we have told ourselves for the last several centuries. In some cases, the last few millennia. Some of the stories we are turning toward are old ones. Indigenous wisdom may have a new name these days — Traditional Ecological Knowledge, or TEK — but it includes stories going back into deep history that are still alive today. Stories that embedded our indigenous forebears into the earth they knew intimately. Stories that speak of reciprocity and interdependence with, not sovereignty over, the forces and gifts of the earth.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Government, Law, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Blog, Website
- Keywords: indigenous wisdom, TEK, indigenous history, genocide, ecology, ecosystem management
- Why I love this Resource: Living a different story than the one we are living now involves both coming to grips with history and reimagining the future.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: February 21, 2022