“All is flux,” the Greek philosopher Heraclitus said 2500 years ago. “Nothing stays still.” He offered us a perfect description of transmutation, one of the great powers that cosmologist Brian Swimme ascribes to the universe.
Every molecule, every cell, every feature of our earth has come to this point through transmutation. Now it’s asking us to participate in the changes needed to step into a larger vision of what it means to be human on our planet. As we do, there is a lot to learn from this brilliant, patient power.
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Science
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Article, Website
- Keywords: evolution, adaptation, transformation
- Why I love this Resource: I love the idea that the universe itself can lead us through the transition we are in the midst of, teaching us how to operate by its own example.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: January 25, 2020