Deep Time Walk AppClick for this Resource!
The Deep Time Walk is a walking audio book. No, the book doesn’t walk beside you on a leash. You walk for 3 miles listening to an engaging conversation between a scientist and a fool (Shakespeare’s court jester) which is downloaded for free into a smartphone. You walk 4.6 kilometers (3.2 miles) representing 4,600 years from the beginning of Earth to the present. Each meter is one million years of life on Earth. The smartphones pedometer counts your steps and the narration syncs with the distance you’ve walked. Take a look at our website deeptimewalk.org.
- Used by people who call the work: Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education, Science
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Audio, Book
- Keywords: Deep Time, Earth history, Gaia Theory, The New Story, App
- Why I love this Resource: It is my life story, about all my ancestors. Where I came from.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Geoff Ainscow
- Date Added: January 22, 2020