No group has done more to force our world to deal with climate change than young people, many of them inspired by Greta ThunBerg. However, in spite of the demonstrations around the world, teenagers are relatively powerless. They are completely dependent upon older people to create the needed changes to deal with climate change. But, in many cases, it is the older people who have been causing the problems. We need to empower sixteen year-olds by giving them the right to vote and run for office. They are the ones who will be facing the problems they will have inherited from us.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Current Issues, Government, Social Justice
- Type: Blog
- Keywords: climate change, voting rights
- Why I love this Resource: It helps prepare young people for the climate change challenge they will face.
- Posted By: Mike Bell
- Date Added: January 17, 2020