The Principle of Interiority
Interiority is the ability of each being to become itself. Thomas Berry says, “Every being has its own interior, its self, its mystery, its numinous presence. To deprive any being of this sacred quality is to disrupt the total order of the universe”.
“Each creature possesses its own particular goodness and perfection…Each of the various creatures, willed in its own being, reflects in its own way a ray of God’s infinite wisdom and goodness.” [Laudatio Si #69]
For me, the gift of interiority is a call to value my own unique self and to esteem each creature as unique and precious – worthy of my deep attention and care.
- Used by people who call the work: Story of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong
- Type: Image, Quote
- Keywords: New Story, Laudato Si
- Why I love this Resource: It is an invitation to reflect on what is most important to me
- Posted By: Linda Neil,CSJ
- Date Added: November 24, 2019