Bees were here with the dinosaurs. Their relationship with flowers is 130 million years old. Paleolithic cave drawings all over the world show figures climbing ladders to get to the honey guarded by buzzing bees. People have written rapturously about their fascination of bees and their love of honey since the alphabet was invented. But they may not survive the world we have created. And we may not survive without them.
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Epic of Evolution
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Other (Entomology)
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Website
- Keywords: evolution, bees, flowers, ecology, gardening, farming
- Why I love this Resource: Our connections with our fellow beings, as with the planet we all arose from, are ancient and profound.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: July 3, 2017