Why We Need An Earth JurisprudenceLink to File
We are In the midst of climate changing world. We need a new and very different approach. This chronicle is based upon an Earth Jurisprudence. It talks about the Laws of Nature instead of human laws trying to deal with nature. It discusses indigenous understanding of Earth based upon my experience with Inuit and Dene (First Nations) communities in the Canadian Arctic. It also summarizes the findings of a conference on Earth Jurisprudence dealing with Thomas Berry’s principles of an an Earth Jurisprudence..
To read about the upcoming DTNetwork nine-month Deeptime Leadership & Personal Empowerment Program, click here.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, New Cosmology
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Law, Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Article, Blog
- Keywords: Earth Jurisprudence
- Why I love this Resource: It deals with a new approach to climate change.
- Posted By: Mike Bell
- Date Added: June 19, 2021