Peter Drucker, the management guru, once said, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” He was referring to how new business strategies run headlong into long-established and powerful corporate cultures. The same may be said for those of us “new cosmologists” developing strategies for climate change. We run into a profit-haunted economic culture that gobbles up Earth’s resources and lives by the mantra: “either you make money for your shareholders or you die.” Challenging this culture is a very complicated problem. Very few are willing or able to take on this challenge. Marjorie Kelly is one of the few exceptions. She starts with the key question: “What kind of economy is consistent with living inside a living being?” It led her to trips around the world in a search for generative economies.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Ecology/Sustainability, Government, Law, Religion/Spirituality, Social Justice
- Keywords: Economy, organizations, capitalism, global economies
- Why I love this Resource: It breaks relatively new ground in a difficult area
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Mike Bell
- Date Added: March 30, 2016