Young Paleontologist Book and Fossil CollectionClick for this Resource!
25 children’s books, 24 fossils and 100’s of pages of activities to delight the young paleontologist. There are 4 sets of 6 books written with elementary children in mind.
The four sets and the titles included are the following: The Fossil Record: How life turned to stone; (Do You Know Fossils?; Coral; Brachiopods; Ammonites; Trilobites; and Crinoids)
The Great Formation of Earth: From a cosmic cinder to a bustling habitat (The Hadean; The Archaean; The Proterozoic Era; The Paleozoic Era, The Mesozoic Era, and the Cenozoic Era).
Life: The Beginning: From Paleozoic Protozoa to Mesozoic Predators (540 mya – 250 mya) (The Precambrian, Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, and Permian Periods…Yes, there are 7 booklets in this set; 6 fossils.)
Life: The Age of Vertebrates: From Mesozoic Reptiles to Cenozoic Mammals (250 mya – The Dawn of Humankind) (The Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, Neogene and Quaternary Periods)
One of the best parts of these sets is that they come with online links to hundreds of activities that extend the learning experience. Children can have access to puzzles, games, hands-on activities, and trading cards that will develop their understanding through play. Check them out and share a set with your favorite young paleontologist or geologist…you’ll be glad you did!
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Montessori Cosmic Education
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Elementary K - 2, Higher Education, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Book, Hands On Materials
- Keywords: fossils, geologic time, big history, paleontology, fossil collection
- Why I love this Resource: Kids' LOVE it...so I do too!
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Claudia Mann
- Date Added: January 12, 2019