“Voices of the Great Work” (Part 1) *
In this year’s annual meeting, presenters showed ways that Teilhard has inspired people in diverse fields, from education to art and religion, and in plays and films.
Hosted by Mary Evelyn Tucker, John Grim and ATA’s new president Kathleen Duffy. Educators Jennifer Morgan and Kathleen Deignan; and artists Imogene Drummond, Angela Manno, and Mary Conrow Coelho discuss their work and how Teilhard inspired them. *
Educator Jennifer Morgan 01:00-12:20
Educator Kathleen Deignan 12:25-20:05
Artist Imogene Drummond 20:10-26:45
Artist Angela Manno 26:48-35:35
Artist Mary Coelho 35:36-42:12
See Part 2 for presentations by: musician Sam Guarnaccia, religious leaders Nancy Wright and Kevin Cawley; play producer Sant Aranda; and filmmakers Frank and Mary Frost.
Since its foundation in 1967, the ATA is committed to making the thought and vision of Teilhard more widely available. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955), a French Jesuit and paleontologist, was one of the leading thinkers of the 20th century. For more info, go to teilharddechardin.org.
Painting above by Angela Manno.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Government, Law, Religion/Spirituality, Science, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Video
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: June 15, 2020