This ritual puts the Christian Ash Wednesday practice into the Universe Story context. We are dust and stardust! Readings carry that message; responses deepen gratitude; sharing puts Jesus’ death and new life within a creation horizon. The blessing reminds participants that they are star-stuff with responsibilities to care for all of creation.
- Used by people who call the work: Journey of the Universe, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Ritual, Website
- Keywords: Ash Wednesday, Lent, stardust, creation
- Why I love this Resource: I love being stardust, and this celebrates that as well as gives deeper appreciation for dust.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Terri MacKenzie
- Date Added: January 29, 2015