A creative and engaging paring of art and science, this book tells an inspiring story of stellar nucleosynthesis, the origin of the horse and all life. It takes readers back the Big Bang, when the Universe contained only two elements, hydrogen and helium (It ignores tracing of lithium, but that’s OK), and it asks “What can you make with just those two? We find out the one thing that can be made, and we see how the other elements came to be. Then it asks “What can you make with 92?” (referring to the naturally occurring elements), and the answer is “everything.” The artwork adds wonderful interest to the story. The timelines invite further study. This book was published in 2000 and is out of print, but available used.
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Montessori Cosmic Education
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Middle 6 - 8
- Type: Book
- Keywords: stellar nucleosynthesis, children's book
- Why I love this Resource: It is a great marriage of art and science, and it brings the facts alive.
- Posted By: Priscilla Spears
- Date Added: January 22, 2015