Birth of the Solar System PodcastClick for this Resource!
This podcast offers the audio from the Journey of the Universe conversation on the Birth of the Solar System. This episode primarily features a conversation with Craig Kochel, Professor of Geology at Bucknell University, where he helped found the Environmental Center. His areas of research include fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, geologic hazards, and planetary geology.
This conversation is hosted by Mary Evelyn Tucker, co-author of Journey of the Universe and professor at Yale University.
In this interview, we explore the evolution of our solar system and its planets. Included in this conversation are the origins of the Moon, the creative dynamism of plate tectonics, and the impact of geology on Earth’s biology.
- Used by people who call the work: New Cosmology, Story of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education, Science
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Audio
- Keywords: journey of the universe, solar system, earth, geology, plate tectonics, life, cosmology
- Why I love this Resource: Treasure trove of information from Craig Kochel! Really enjoy the origins of the moon and how the impact left Earth in a life-generating condition.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Devin M O'Dea
- Date Added: March 27, 2019