Boundless possibility: the power of seamlessnessClick for this Resource!
Our universe’s constant bubbling of form and new realities is what cosmologist Brian Swimme calls seamlessness, one of his eleven powers of the universe that I have been exploring. Everything arose out of seamlessness, “the ground of being, an empty fullness.” A realm of existence so seething with constant creativity that physicists call it spacetime foam, bubbling everywhere and forever.
This, the foundation of the cosmos, is “pure generativity,” Brian says. “Not a thing, or place. It’s a power.” The act of becoming “is the nature of the universe.”
We are thus composed of boundless possibilities.
Photo credit: 30 Doradus: X-ray: NASA/CXC/Penn State Univ./L. Townsley et al.; IR: NASA/ESA/CSA/STScI/JWST ERO Production Team
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, Journey of the Universe
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Science
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Type: Blog, Website
- Keywords: Brian Swimme, new cosmology, seamlessness, powers of the universe
- Why I love this Resource: I have enjoyed my deep exploration of Brian Swimme's Powers of the Universe. This completes the list.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Betsey Crawford
- Date Added: February 9, 2023