This exploration of evolution is written for the adult general reader, and the author is a talented communicator. It begins with a good cosmic perspective, in a chapter called “Before there were animals,” that starts with the Big Bang. Although this is only a few pages, it gives a much better perspective to animal evolution. The tour continues through the origin of our planet, and of life. It explores the major branches of the animal kingdom and the innovations that led to them.
- Used by people who call the work: Epic of Evolution, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Book
- Keywords: animal evolution
- Why I love this Resource: It helps me think past the lists of animal features to their origins.
- Posted By: Priscilla Spears
- Date Added: February 18, 2015