Kingdoms of Life Connected: A Teacher’s Guide to the Tree of LifeClick for this Resource!
THIS EDITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE THE SECOND EDITION. This book helps teachers move beyond kingdoms classification and tell the story of the Tree of Life. It has introductory lessons that tell about the major lineages of bacteria, archaea, and the eukaryotic lineages – opisthokonts, chromalveolates, rhizaria, excavata, and archaeplastida. There is a chapter on viruses, as well. The lessons are for elementary and middle school children. The book includes further lessons and explorations, and lists of websites and books for children and adults. The book is available printed and as a pdf. Both include black-and-white picture cards that can be placed on the accompanying Tree-of-Life chart, which is described in the book and available free as a printable file on the Big Picture Science website.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education, Other ()
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Elementary 3 - 5, Lifelong, Middle 6 - 8
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Tree of Life, lessons for children
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Priscilla Spears
- Date Added: February 19, 2015