Deeptime Leadership Program Session 2—Context: Deeptime Learning and Leadership
The second session of our Deeptime Leadership course was powerful! Orla Hazra’s introduction and Jennifer Morgan’s presentation on The Power of Cosmic Context for Education helps us see the universe is THE ultimate context for our lives. That the universe is our PRIMARY TEACHER is revelatory. That idea changes everything! Education that is aligned with the universe expresses the universe as the teaching/learning context for all our activity and fosters children to experience themselves as belonging to the Cosmos—not separate from it. I love the way Orla connected the telescope overlooking the Grand Canyon with the mission of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope—to look more closely at how our world and we have evolved. It’s a beautiful image for this course!
- Used by people who call the work: Cosmic Evolution, New Cosmology
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Art, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Current Issues, Ecology/Sustainability, Education, Other (Creativity deep space geology time creation), Religion/Spirituality, Science, Social Justice
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Blog, DTN Course Blog
- Keywords: deeptime, leadership, education, context, empowerment, allurement, wisdom, creation, interbeing, cosmic education, NASA, JWST
- Why I love this Resource: Seeing the universe as the primary context for our lives--and our primary teacher--is revelatory. The ramifications are huge, especially for education..
- Posted By: Imogene Drummond
- Date Added: March 14, 2022