Expanding Teilhard’s “Complexity-Consciousness” LawLink to File
One of Teilhard’s great discoveries related to the theory of evolution is his Law of Complexity=Consciousness. Simply put, this law reflects the tendency in matter to become more complex over time and at the same time to become more conscious. Teilhard recognized that this tendency in material things toward higher levels of complexity leading to higher levels of consciousness is a pattern that seems to guide the evolution of the entire universe. This paper adds two steps to the law — 1) Attraction and 2) Connection.
- Original Release Date (Year): 2014
- Used by people who call the work: Journey of the Universe, New Cosmology, The New Story
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Other (Everything), Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Document
- Keywords: Teilhard, increasing complexity, increasing consciousness
- Why I love this Resource: Teilhard was among the first to recognized this pattern at every level. Beautifully and simply explained.
- Posted By: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: April 19, 2014