Kingdoms of Life Connected: A Teacher’s Guide to the Tree of Life. Second editionClick for this Resource!
This resource for teachers has lessons for introducing children to the Tree of Life and its major branches. The second edition (2016) introduces the eukaryotic supergroups: Archaeplastida, SAR (stramenopiles, alveolates, and rhizarians), Excavata, and Unikonta (also called Amorphea). This book helps teachers tell the story of the Tree of Life and show the relationships between the plants, animals, and fungi. There is expanded material on viruses in this edition, including the intriguing giant viruses. The book includes color cards for the Tree of Life chart. It is available printed and as an ebook (pdf). The file for the Tree of Life chart is available on the Big Picture Science website as a free download.
- Used by people who call the work: Montessori Cosmic Education
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Biology and Earth Systems Science, Education
- Learning Stages: Elementary 3 - 5, Middle 6 - 8
- Type: Book
- Keywords: diversity of life, teacher's guide
- Why I love this Resource: This book has evolved with the changing views of biological classification. It has extensive book and website lists as well as learning activities.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: Priscilla Spears
- Date Added: November 10, 2016