Microcosmos: Four Billion Years of Microbial EvolutionClick for this Resource!
from the publisher “Microcosmos brings together the remarkable discoveries of microbiology of the past two decades and the pioneering research of Dr. Margulis to create a vivid new picture of the world that is crucial to our understanding of the future of the planet. Addressed to general readers, the book provides a beautifully written view of evolution as a process based on interdependency and thei nterconnectedness of all life on the planet.”
- Used by people who call the work: Big History, Gaia Theory/Science-Based Systems Thinking
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Agriculture, Biology and Earth Systems Science, Ecology/Sustainability, Education
- Learning Stages: Adult Education, Higher Education, Lifelong, Secondary 9 - 12
- Type: Book
- Keywords: Microcosmos, environmental evolution, evolution, symbiosis, human exceptionalism, species specific arrogance, precambrian
- Why I love this Resource: Lynn Margulis thought that humans needed some honesty about their place in evolution and within nature.
- Link to Resource: Click here
- Posted By: James MacAllister
- Date Added: July 15, 2015